Metallurgical Testing & Consulting Engineers
Silverdale. NSW. 2752. Australia
(Near Warragamba Dam -Covering Sydney Metro)
Phone: (02) 4774 1017
Mobile (Stephen Hooker): 0419 498 115
RACE CAR PREPARATION / ENGINE BUILDING
Stephen prides himself in being involved in all aspects of the development of the Jedi and its Suzuki GSXR 1100 engines. Some of the in-house capabilities available to our customers include:
* Cylinder head development using an automated digital manometer flow bench and differential pitot velocity probes. Calibration traceable to PTS flow reference orifice plates.
* Multi-angle (and radius) valve seat cutting using a large range of Mira single point carbide form tools.
* Customer heads developed to date include:
Austin Healey Sprite 2A629 round port head (1.16" inlet valves - 38% flow increase),
BMC 1275cc Mini (12G940 head with stock valves for street - 19% flow increase),
Chrysler Hemi 265 (race), Chrysler Hemi 245 (on 265 race with epoxy contoured inlets - 18% flow increase),
Ford Cortina GT500 (street),
Honda CB350 twin (historic road race - improved 6 seconds lap time at ECR), Honda CBR600 F3 (race), Honda CBR1000RR (race,
2010 holder of outright motorcycle lap record at Wakefield Park Raceway),
Kawasaki KLR650 (big bore with oversize valves, giving 15% power increase), Kawasaki KZ900 (drag race), Kawasaki KZ1000 (drag
race), Kawasaki GPZ1100 (street),
MG Midget (12G1316 & 12G940 castings for historic car racing - 25% power increase),
Nissan KA24DE (rally race with dual Weber carbs - 12% flow increase), Nissan Patrol TD42 (off road - 6% flow increase with no seat
Subaru kart KX21 (unrestricted race, with epoxy contoured inlets - improved 2 seconds per lap),
Suzuki GSX750 (street), Suzuki GSXR1000 K6 (street, 175hp @ 11800 rpm), Suzuki GSXR1100 oil cooled (race), Suzuki GSXR1100W (Race - Stephen's race engines and holder of many NSW
hillclimb track records), Suzuki GSXR750W (race),
Triumph T110 head (single carb for historic MX racing - 17% flow increase),
Toyota Landcruiser 1HD-T (12% flow increase),
Yamaha FJ1200 (US Legends race car - 13% flow increase), Yamaha YZF R1 (2009 - race - 3% flow increase with no seat mods), Yamaha YZF R1 (2008 - race).
* All cylinder heads flow tested, developed and ported by Stephen are provided with before/after flow graphs, and are optimised for airflow, velocity and velocity profile.
* Refacing of machinable engine valves. Back-cut machining of engine valves for improved flow performance.
* Custom machining of piston valve relief pockets using our Geezero piston vise (precise and reproducible!)
* Motorcycle gearbox building and modification. Undercutting of gear engagement dogs. TIG welding of second gear to input shaft of early GSX1100's.
* Open wheel race car chassis setup, including corner weighting and suspension geometry.
* Fabrication of components in resin reinforced fibre, steel or aluminium (wings included).
* Dyno graphing of shock absorbers. Shock servicing of rebuildable shocks.
* Stephen Hooker can be contacted 9am to 6pm AEST on (02) 4774 1017, or his mobile on 0419 498 115.
AUTOMOTIVE TESTING & SERVICES | CONTACT US | CRACK TESTING | CRYOGENICS | DRAG BIKE | FAILURE STATISTICS | LINKS | METALLURGICAL SERVICES | MISC SERVICES | PEEN REPORT | PROJECTS | SIDECAR RACING | JEDI RACING | SHOT PEENING