FOR SALE . . . "VETERAN RACER" KAWASAKI DRAG BIKE
STEPHEN HOOKER RACING
Click this link for engine building and race car preparation by Stephen Hooker - get your car or bike prepped to our race winning standards!!! Including chassis preparation and modification. Engine tuning and development, including cylinder head servicing and porting. Shock dyno graphing.
This page last updated: 12/05/10
The "old girl" has been sold! With a 1260cc, 17.5:1 full drag race engine with N12345 undercut gearbox, Mikuni RS40 flatslides, lockup clutch adaptor, Dyna S ignition/coils with two-step rev limiter, electric-over-air gear shifter, and remote electric start it was capable of 8.9 seconds at 145 mph. The bike had a 72" long wheelbase, and was originally designed and built in the late seventies by Top Bike racer Jim Thornley. Power was transmitted to the ground through a 7" wide FIRESTONE car tyre race slick. The race weight of the bike was only 169 kg. The bike was modernised over the years with Brembo master cylinders and late model 2 piston floating brake calipers. Sadly missed, but sold to Matt Halluh and his dad in Melbourne. Last I heard it was again sold to another racer in Victoria (feel free to contact me for a chat).
Click on images below for larger photo...
I have now conceded that I will not be drag racing again. It is time to start selling up the drag bike and the storehouse of motorcycle parts that I have accumulated over 20 years of racing Kawasaki's.
The following parts are available from AU$10. Email Stephen at "mtce at ozemail dot com dot au" or phone on 02 4774 1017 ah / 0419498115 bh for details or prices, or even make an offer! I need to gain back some valuable storage space.
HEADS AND PARTS:
- Z1000J or GPZ1100cams. Stock grind - $20 set 2
- Krober battery ignition modules with pickups. $20
- VDL Compact Data Logger with notebook computer, and 2 harnesses. RPM, 2 speed channels, 4 thermo inputs, head temp input, MAP vacuum/pressure input, spare analogue channel. $1000
- Techedge WBO2 wideband oxygen sensor module with inbuilt logger, or can interface to external logger. $250. Includes all cables, and a used 6066 sensor.
- Light weight 34mm diameter chrome moly inner front fork sliders. $50
- Lots of smaller parts as well for Zeds or dragbikes
- Remote starter nuts - aluminium. $40 each
- 15 tooth 630 sprockets with and without offset. $20
Note: These parts are advertised elsewhere and may not be available when you call.
AUTOMOTIVE TESTING & SERVICES | CONTACT US | CRACK TESTING | CRYOGENICS | DRAG BIKE | FAILURE STATISTICS | LINKS | METALLURGICAL SERVICES | MISC SERVICES | PEEN REPORT | PROJECTS | SIDECAR RACING | JEDI RACING | SHOT PEENING