JEDI SUZUKI - 1100cc FORMULA LIBRE - SPRINTS
STEPHEN HOOKER RACING
Metallurgical Testing and Consulting Engineers provide a non-destructive testing and advisory service to the high performance motor-racing industry. We also provide an in-house parts improvement capability including controlled shot peening and cryogenic treatment. Our prompt and professional service ensures that our Customers can operate their business operations at a high level of confidence and reliability.
Click this link for engine services and race car preparation by Stephen Hooker - get your car or bike prepped to our race winning standards!!! Including chassis preparation and modification. Engine tuning and development, including cylinder head servicing and porting. Shock dyno graphing.
Wags N Whiskers provides a professional mobile dog washing and grooming service, covering Penrith, Silverdale, Wallacia, Mulgoa, Cranebrook, Glenbrook, St Marys, St Claire, Erskine Park, Glenmore Park, and nearby areas. Call to book now on 0425 322 654
11/3/13 UPDATE . . . Spare chassis number 059 (formerly raced by Tim Edmonson / Kylie Gumley / Geoff Lord in the Formula Libre 0-750 class) has been fully rebuilt at MT&C Engineers, with the aim of using it for track days and Super Sprints, and is now fitted with the 1100 engine out of the old F1 sidecar. I have been taking photos as I progress through the build, and may post them here in future. All systems are go, and the engine fired up first hit, of course!
This page last updated: 23/09/17
THE NORMALLY ASPIRATED ENGINE:
- Suzuki GSXR1100WP engine. Engine capacity: 1145cc
- Heads developed, modified, flowed and ported in house by Stephen Hooker.
- Crankshaft and conrods have been crack tested, polished, cryo treated and shot peened (MT&C Engineers).
- Crack tested, cryo treated and shot peened (MT&C Engineers) undercut sequential gearbox.
- Carburetted by Keihin FCR39's, using BP Ultimate 98 octane fuel. Currently upgrading to Hilborn EFI using a Microsquirt controller (image right)!
- Ignition by programmable Dyna 2000.
- I have successfully installed a Geartronics paddle-shifter (first motorcycle application in the world . . . heh, heh, heh), and I am happy to report it works smoothly and reliably. Click the link to see the install. A special thankyou to Neil Wallace for his help along the way . . . he is a legend!
THE TURBOCHARGED ENGINE:
- Suzuki GSXR1100WP engine. Engine capacity: 1118cc
- Head developed, modified, flowed and ported in house by Stephen Hooker.
- Hahn/Mitsubishi TD05 16G big. GFB G-Force 2 boost controller, with internal wastegate actuation by Kinugawa. Reverse ducted plate/bar intercooler laying flat and forward of rear wing. All hot and cold pipe work developed and manufactured by MT&C Engineers.
- Hilborn EFI using a Microsquirt 3 controller, running on BP 98 octane petrol.
- Ignition by programmable Dyna 2000.
British made by John Corbyn. Initially CAMS log booked by Peter Edmondson, and raced successfully from 1998 to 2006, in the 750 Formula Libre class. The car is the holder of records at most tracks that Tim and Peter raced at over that period.
Brakes: AP 2-piston rear callipers and Harrison BILLET 4-piston front callipers, on machined Brembo discs.
Shock absorbers: Protech dual adjustable aluminium body shocks, thanks to Redback Motorsport.
The car is now set up for circuit work at track days and super sprints in the Sydney area. Time to have some more fun!
PERFORMANCES - BEST LAP TIMES ACHIEVED:
Marulan Dirt & Tar Circuits. 41.9 seconds (quickest official lap outright time to date)
SMSP Brabham. 2:02.3 seconds
SMSP North. 1:09.9 seconds
SMSP South. 56.2 seconds
Wakefield Park. 62.7 seconds
SMSP Brabham. 2:02.0 seconds
SMSP Gardner. 1:39.5 seconds
SMSP South. 54.7 seconds
AUTOMOTIVE TESTING & SERVICES | CONTACT US | CRACK TESTING | CRYOGENICS | DRAG BIKE | FAILURE STATISTICS | LINKS | METALLURGICAL SERVICES | MISC SERVICES | PEEN REPORT | PROJECTS | SIDECAR RACING | JEDI RACING | SHOT PEENING