Metallurgical Testing &
2 Sales Avenue, Silverdale. NSW. 2752. Australia
(Near Warragamba Dam -Covering Sydney Metro)
Phone: (02) 4774 1017
Mobile (Stephen Hooker): 0419 498 115
stephen AT mtce. com. au
Testing and Consulting Engineers
provide a non-destructive testing and advisory service to the high performance
motor-racing industry. We also provide an in-house parts improvement capability
shot peening and cryogenic treatment. Our prompt and professional
service ensures that our Customers can operate their business
operations at a high level of confidence and reliability.
We offer the following services: (Further
info is available through the hyperlinks!!!)
- Black light CRACK
TESTING of magnetic (steels) and non-magnetic parts
(aluminium, magnesium, brass/bronze and titanium).
- Ultrasonic testing of components to assess internal
condition, or remaining wall thickness. Sonic testing of
wall thickness in engine blocks.
- Eddy current crack testing of metal parts, including painted titanium,
aluminium and magnesium parts.
Determination of heat treated condition of some alloys is
possible by electrical conductivity measurements.
- Controlled CRYOGENIC
treatment (down to -180°
C, to avoid formation of liquid oxygen and explosion risk), stress relief and hardening / toughening of highly
- Controlled SHOT PEENING
of critical components to improve resistance to fatigue
- Polishing and balancing of automotive pistons and
conrods. Dressing of gear teeth roots to remove stress raisers.
- Assessment of material composition and strength.
Recommendations for material replacement and
optimisation. (Use PROJECTS link below to see some of the
projects we have worked on.)
- Chemical analysis of metals using hand-held
Innov-X Omega XRF spectrometer. We are able to
offer an on-site chemical analysis service capable of rapid metals sorting
(e.g. 316 vs. 304 stainless steels, 4130 vs. carbon steel), and Positive
Material Identification (PMI) for incoming, in-stock and in-service
- Failure, wear and corrosion investigation, including engine failure
- Hardness testing - Brinell, Rockwell, Leeb, UCI and Vickers (10
grams to 30kg).
- Abrasive blast cleaning using garnet, glass bead,
aluminium oxide and walnut shell.
- Assessment of material surface finish by stylus profilometry
using Mahr Perthometer S5P. Tests include profile, roughness (R), waviness
(W) and profile bearing area.
- Miscellaneous services:
limited machining and fabrication capabilities;
ultrasonic cleaning; solvent degreasing. TIG
welding of steel and aluminium alloys.
- Rapid turn-around of crack testing work . . . 24 to 48
- We offer our services on weekdays, but urgent cases can be done after
normal business hours by arrangement. We offer a pick-up and delivery
service in Western Sydney Metro areas. Couriers Please will deliver, but will not pick
up. Fastway, Hunter Express, Go Logistics, McPhee, TNT and other major freight companies will
deliver, and pick-up. For a cheap service we are in the short haul service area for Fastway Sydney, and
a 25 kg package costs just over $11 for next day delivery (Lime label, or old
Pink labels). Our delivery address is 2 Sales Avenue, Silverdale, NSW,
- Northern Sydney customers may find it convenient to arrange delivery through our convenient
drop point at Andrews Race Cars
at 33 Anvil Road, Seven Hills (closed Mondays).
- Automotive trade discounts apply to crack testing,
cryo and peening of parts over $250 value.
- Stephen Hooker can be contacted 9am to 5pm AEST on (02)
4774 1017, or his mobile on 0419 498 115.
TESTING & SERVICES | CONTACT US | CRACK TESTING | CRYOGENICS | DRAG
BIKE | FAILURE
STATISTICS | LINKS | METALLURGICAL
SERVICES | MISC SERVICES | PEEN
REPORT | PROJECTS | SIDECAR
RACING | JEDI RACING | SHOT
This page last updated: